What I do

Some call it fate ... I call it Natural. I'm talkin bout the beauty within of course.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

To be Kern or not to be Kern?... THAT is the question.


So I’m willing to bet that most of you are wondering “Why KernOLife?”. Well the answer is simple but I figured I should make this as complicated as possible. Ask yourself this one question … ARE YOU READY? LOL.  So my nickname used to be” K Hern” but someone decided to shorten it to Kern & I just liked it. 

***Kern1 (kurn) noun - 1. A part of the face of a type projecting beyond the body or shank, as in certain italic letters. verb (used with object) 2. To form or furnish with a kern, as a type or letter. 3. To remove a portion of space between (adjacent letters) in preparation for printing. 4. A nickname for a girl named Kristin Hernandez, using the ‘K’ and the ‘ern’.***

Also I’m sure most of you have heard of a refreshing beverage called “Kern’s Nectar”. Well one fine day … Long ago actually I thought to myself, “Kern’s Nectar … what an odd name. Such a delicious drink and  it quenches my thirst so effectively. It’s almost as if I need this drink to live. One might call it … the Nectar of life.” 

So with the combination of my love of the irish accent “KernOLife” was born into effect for my YouTube account. It wasn’t until just here recently that I decided to make it my official blogger name. After carefully considering many others (that I’ll spare you the horror of having to read), I couldn’t help but ask myself “Isn’t beauty our nectar of life?” and I’m not  trying to sound conceded but I figured representing the people who are beautiful (regardless whether its inside or out), everyone is an “OLifer”.

No comments:

Post a Comment